All content from Yr must be branded in the following way:
- «Vêrvarsel frå Yr levert av Meteorologisk institutt og NRK» (nynorsk).
- «Værvarsel fra Yr levert av Meteorologisk institutt og NRK» (bokmål).
- «Weather forecast from Yr, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and NRK» (english).
The branding must be in the same text size as the rest of your text, and must be easily visible for your users. The branding must be placed in connection with the weather forecast.
In the XML-file we specify the URLs for the hourly forecast, the weekend forecast, the long term forecast etc. We appreciate links to these sites!
- You are not allowed to make services/sites that appear to be made by Yr, NRK or The Norwegian Meteorological Institute. In other words, you may not use the word "yr" as a part of your service name, or attach the yr logo to your service.
- You can not change the meteorological content of the forecasts (eg. add a few degrees to make the forecast seem better).
- You are not allowed to use our content on sites with pornographic or racist content, or on sites that are in violation of Norwegian law.
- You can not download forecasts for a large number of places at the same time. In other words, it is not allowed to get thousands of XMLs at the same time. The best solution is to get data as you need it, and not at regular intervals throughout the day.
- You must cache all data for 60 minutes.
You are allowed to...
Frequently asked questions:
- You are allowed to redistribute our content if you credit us.
- You are allowed to use our content along with regular adds on a website.
- You are allowed to use data from Yr in a commercial setting, as long as you follow the terms of service.